Welcome to a new school year!
What do elementary school counselors do?
- Provide immediate and short-term individual counseling
- Facilitate short-term group counseling
- Work collaboratively with teachers
- Consult with parents
- Provide families with information about community resources
If you feel that your child would benefit from these services, please contact guidance.
We believe every student:
- is capable of learning and experiencing success at his/her ability level.
- is valuable and treated with dignity and respect.
- has access to a high quality comprehensive school counseling program.
- is entitled to a safe, supportive, and nurturing environment that takes into account RBPS's diverse population in the design and delivery of school counseling services.
Rita Pierson, a teacher for 40 years, inspires a rousing call for students to believe in themselves
just as we do for the students of Red Bank Primary School.
News & Notes
Lunch Bunch groups are small groups of children chosen to be part of a group depending on the topic. Parents and teachers may sign students up for a specific group. Typically, groups meet over the lunch/recess hour, once a week, for a period of 8-10 weeks. Students will not miss any instructional time during our meetings. Parents will be informed when their child is being asked to participate in a group via a parent permission letter and/or a phone call from the counselor. Topics include, but are not limited to, the following:
* Changing families * Study skills * New students * Social skills * Anger management
Classroom guidance is an integral part of the Counseling program at Red Bank Primary School. Classroom visits focus on the American School Counselor Association's standards (personal/social, career, and academic matters) and the building-wide character education program (Character Counts). All lessons encourage positive core values and traits including, but not limited to, fairness, responsibility, citizenship, trustworthiness, caring and respectfulness.
Visit my virtual office and click on the images in order to access SEL and Mindfulness strategies.