Please help me provide the best care for the students by reading the important information below, completing all forms that apply to your child and returning them for the start of school. We are counting on your help again this year to keep our community safe and healthy. PLEASE DO NOT send your child to school if they have a fever, cough, or are not feeling well.
- Student Emergency Card - This needs to be completed for all students each year and returned to school. Please remember to notify the office throughout the year of any changes. This is very IMPORTANT!
- Asthma Action Plan - If your child has a history of asthma, we need an Asthma Action Plan completed by your doctor. A new form is required yearly. Due to Covid-19, students are encouraged to use inhalers with spacers instead of nebulizers.
- Allergy Action Plan - If your child has a history of anaphylaxis or food allergy that may require medical intervention, please have your doctor complete a FARE form and provide us with an Epi Pen. A new form is required yearly.
- Medication Administration Form - All medications administered during school hours require a written permission form signed by a doctor and parent. Medication must be brought into school by an adult in its original, pharmacy-labeled container with the necessary forms completed. New exception for Tylenol - please see the Tylenol Consent Form. All medications in school (including cough drops) are to be held and administered by the school nurse.
- FLU Vaccine - While the FLU Vaccine is not a requirement (unless you're in preschool) it may be a good year to consider it for your family. FLU Vaccines are readily available now.
- The Covid Vaccine is still your best protection against the Covid 19 virus. If you need assistance getting vaccinated please reach out to your school nurse. We will be having a Covid and Flu Vaccine Clinic Wednesday October 4th from 4-6 pm and Saturday October 7th from 8-10 am, at The Primary School. This will be available to all families and students in our district.
- Tender Smiles Mobile Dentist will be at the Middle School November 7th and 8th and the Optical Academy will be at the Middle School October 19th. Please complete and return these forms (dental and vision) ONLY if you are interested in having your child seen by the doctors.
- Immunizations must be up to date. Tdap and Meningitis vaccines are due for 6th graders (11 years old). If you haven't done so already, please provide the school with a copy by the first day of school or a note from the doctor with a scheduled appointment date.
- Sport Physicals are needed for student athletes in grades 6-8th and 5th graders participating in cross country. They are good for 1 year from the date of the exam. Your doctor can complete it based on the students annual physical. The school doctor will be coming to the middle school on August 28th to do physicals for students who still need them for school sports - if interested please contact the school nurse to be put on the schedule. A Health Update Form must be completed by parents prior to the first day of team practice if their child's sports physical is greater than 90 days old.
- Health Forms can be obtained from the school nurse and can be located on our school website under Health Services.
- Health Screenings are checked annually. They include height, weight and blood pressure for all students; vision for 4th, 6th and 8th; Hearing for 7th and Scoliosis for 5th and 7th. Parents can send a request in writing to the school nurse if they wish to opt their child out of