Superintendent's Video Message - 05/14/2019
Superintendent's Message - 05/1/2019
Dear Red Bank Families,
During the past five years, our leadership team, our Board of Education, our faculty and staff, and our students and families, collaborated to accomplish countless achievements which exemplify the BIA mentality and write the remarkable story of the Red Bank Borough Public Schools. We should all be tremendously proud of what we have accomplished together.
Recently, I was provided the opportunity to reflect on the past few years in order to help create a road map to define our future. In doing so, I was able to appreciate who we are and also visualize what we will become. As a result of this reflection, I am excited to announce the 19-20 school year will bring some changes to our leadership team. At the Board of Education meeting on Tuesday, April 30 the following items were approved, effective July 1, 2019.
- That the Board approves the appointment of Luigi Laugelli as Assistant Superintendent of Curriculum and Instruction.
- That the Board approves the voluntary transfer of Stacy Sherwood to Middle School Literacy Interventionist.
- That the Board approves the transfer of Maria Iozzi to Primary School Principal.
- That the Board approves the transfer of James T. Pierson to Middle School Principal.
In addition to these changes, I am also excited to welcome a new member to our Board of Education. After many years of service, Ms. Marjorie Lowe has resigned from the position as a member of our Board. We are grateful for Ms. Lowe’s dedicated service to our school community. Last evening, the Board interviewed and appointed Ms. Jennifer Garcia to replace Ms. Lowe. Ms. Garcia has three daughters in our schools and is a constant voice of support for our school district throughout the community. I look forward to working with Ms. Garcia and the entire Board of Education to inspire our students to Dream BIGGER and help them get there!
Looking forward to closing out another extraordinary school year and the great things to come in 2019-20!
Superintendent's Message - 04/10/2019
As we plan end-of-year activities, our staff and students will have the opportunity to enjoy the Memorial Day Weekend as an extended holiday. Due to the fact that we did not use the three snow days reserved for inclement weather, our District will be closed for all staff and students on Friday, May 24, 2019.
The two remaining unused snow days will be applied to Thursday, June 20 and Friday, June 21, 2019 (this only applies to 10-month employee’s calendar) with Wednesday, June 19 being the last day of school for instructional staff and students. Minimum school days will be Monday, June 17 through Wednesday, June 19. The minimum school day schedule is as follows:
- Middle School, 1:00 p.m. Release Time
- Primary School, 1:10 p.m. Release Time
- Off-Site Preschools, 1:15 p.m. Release Time
Listed below are dates for promotion and moving up ceremonies.
- First Baptist Church PreK on June 7, 2019 at 10:00 a.m.
- United Methodist Church PreK on June 7, 2019 at 2:00 p.m.
- Primary School Kindergarten on June 12, 2019 at 10:00 a.m.
- CYMCA PreK on June 12, 2019 at 11:30 a.m.
- Primary School Grade 3 on June 13, 2019 at 10:00 a.m.
- Primary School PreK on June 17, 2019 at 10:00 a.m.
- Middle School on June 17, 2019 at 5:30 p.m.
- Acelero Head Start on June 18, 2019 at 9:30 a.m.
- Monmouth Day Care Center PreK on June 19, 2019 at 11:00 a.m.
Additionally, our Family Fun Night 2019 will take place on Friday, June 7 at 5 p.m. at the Primary School with Friday, June 14 as the rain date.