About Us (English)
About Us (Spanish)
- Breakfast/Mystery Games/Quiet Activities
- Opening Group
- Make Believe Play Planning/Make Believe Play
- Small Group Story Lab
- Small Group Math/Science
- Outside/Gross Motor
- Rest Time
- Free Choice Play
- Literacy Activities (Buddy Reading/Graphics Practice)
- Large Group Story Lab
- Outside/Gross Motor
There will be a rest period every day. Each child will have his or her own cot/mat. Parents are asked to provide a sheet (crib sheets work best) and a small blanket. Blankets and sheets will be sent home every Friday, except at Monmouth Day Care Center. Please wash and return them on Monday.
Field trips provide students with valuable background knowledge that enhances our Make Believe Play themes, as well as rich cultural experiences. We will be going on trips throughout the year. Permission slips will be sent home before each trip. It is important that all permission slips are received prior to the day of the trip! Chaperones will also be needed for the field trips. Please let your child’s teacher know if you are interested in chaperoning for class trips!
There are a number of ways that parents/guardians can help their children learn. As your child’s first teacher, you can:
- Take an active interest in your child’s daily activities
- Talk to teachers about your child’s progress
- Read to your child and have your child read to you
- Celebrate your child’s successes
- Have your child retell the events of his or her school day when they get home from school
- Maintain contact with your child’s teacher through phone, notes, ore-mail.
The most learning takes place when teachers and parents work together. There are many ways in which you can support your child’s learning in the classroom, as well. You can:
- Read a story to your child’s class
- Share a song or game with your child’s class
- Share a hobby or activity with your child’s class
- Share a special holiday tradition with your child’s class
- Assist your child’s teacher during center time
- Volunteer to help out on the playground during recess
- Be a chaperone for a class trip
Communication with your child’s teacher is a key to maintaining the family-school connection! Be sure to check your child’s backpack daily for notices. Friday folders are sent each week with important messages and updates. Please return all paperwork in a timely fashion.