Welcome to Mrs. Trudell's WebsiteWelcome to a new school year!
What do elementary school counselors do?
- Provide immediate and short-term individual counseling
- Facilitate short term group counseling
- Work collaboratively with teachers
- Consult with parents
- Provide families information for community resources
If you feel that your child would benefit from these services, please contact guidance.
We believe every student:
- is capable of learning and experiencing success at his/her ability level.
- is valuable and treated with dignity and respect.
- has access to a high quality comprehensive school counseling program.
- is entitled to a safe, supportive, and nurturing environment that takes into account RBPS's diverse population in the design and delivery of school counseling services.
Rita Pierson, a teacher for 40 years, inspires a rousing call for students to believe in themselves
just as we do for the students of Red Bank Primary School.
News & Notes
Lunch Bunch groups are small groups of children chosen to be part of a group depending on the topic. Parents and teachers may sign students up for a specific group. Typically, groups meet over the lunch/recess hour, once a week, for a period of 8-10 weeks. Students will not miss any instructional time during our meetings. Parents will be informed when their child is being asked to participate in a group via a parent permission letter and/or a phone call from the counselor. Topics include, but are not limited to, the following:* Changing families* Study skills* New students* Social skills* Anger managementClassroom guidance is an integral part of the Counseling program at Red Bank Primary School. Classroom visits focus on the American School Counselor Association's standards (personal/social, career, and academic matters) and the building-wide character education program (Character Counts). All lessons encourage positive core values and traits including, but not limited to, fairness, responsibility, citizenship, trustworthiness, caring and respectfulness.